Bear Lake - Lake Trout Fishing Derby Nov 3-4BEAR LAKE - LAKE TROUT CATCH AND RELEASE FISHING TOURNAMENT RULES 11/3/17 - 11/4/17
Darin - 10/16/17
Registration will take place before and through the days of the tournament, pre-registration will take place at Pugstones Sporting (6 South Bear Lake Blvd - Center of town "Raspberry Square). Registration is possible the day of at Pugstones Location ONLY! Please contact Darin Pugmire to register. You can also call him at: (435) 757-9430
1) Tournament will begin at 6:30 AM 11/03/17, fisherman may start later in day but no sooner than 6:30 AM Tournament will end at 6PM 11/04/2017 and all entries must be received by 6PM
2) $100.00 for each team of four, 65.00 for each team of two, $35.00 for single man teams. Only lake trout species may be entered. Based off overall length in inches, prize money will be 100% payout based on the following criteria-
Lake Trout - Longest 60% 2nd Longest 30% 3rd Longest 10%
Ties will split money, fish will be measured to closest 1/4". If 3 entries are not entered, left over money will be added to top entry(s).
3) All current Utah Regulations must be followed; anyone in violation will immediately disqualify your(s) team.
4) All boaters will comply with USCG/Bear Lake State Parks Boating/Saftey Laws
5) All boaters will comply with Utah Aquatic Invasive Species Rules
6) All participants must check in the before you start fishing. Supplied tape measure and log are required to be picked up, EVEN IF YOU'RE PREREGISTERED!
7) All entries must have picture of Fish on flat surface, adjacent to SUPPLIED tape measure WITH supplied logo. Fish not laid on same flat surface as tape measure will not be entered. Entries must be CLEARLY VISIBLE! (This includes species, tape measure numbers and unique logo) Entry length will be from tip of nose to longest part of tail laid NATURALLY on tape measure, squeezing or pinching tail will not be a valid entry!! Entries may be "texted" to Pugstones Sporting for official entry throughout the day at (435) 757-9430. Best MMS messages will be using Verizon and/or AT&T ... Not very reliable would be T-Mobile/Sprint. All fish will be entered and calculated along with a confirmation back to you once received and entered. No "updates" will be texted out from tournament officials throughout the day. Judges panel decision will be final. Please remember this is a CATCH AND RELEASE TOURNAMENT AND PROPER FISH HANDLING IS MANDATORY!
8) All participants must only fish on the Utah Half of Bear Lake proper. Any team violating this rule will be immediately disqualified from this tournament and all future tournaments as well.
9) Cheating will result in team disqualification from this tournament and all future as well.
10) Any disqualified team will forfeit any, and all entry fees.
GENERAL CONTEST PROVISIONS:
By participating in the contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between contest officials and any participant in or winner of the contest, each participant irrevocably grants the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such participant's name, likeness, and biographical information and any photos that may be submitted, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes and hereby release the Contest Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS:
Prize winners, if any, shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Any potential prize winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release - collectively, "Prize Claim Documents".
GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE:
By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees that the Contest Entities (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the contest or in any contest related activity, or from entrant's acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (ii) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize and specifically disclaim all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Prizes will only be awarded to a verified winner. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the contest, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, contest organizers and sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, web sites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the prize or in any prize notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of contest organizers which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, organizers reserve the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or extend the contest. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person in connection with the contest, is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify the applicable individual and seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any provisions of these Official Rules are determined to be invalid or unenforceable, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCE-ABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF UTAH WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS.
To obtain a copy of any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Pugstones Sporting, P.O. Box 182, Garden City, UT 84028. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Contest Period.
SPECIAL ADVISORY, UTAH:
Before boating, fishing or recreating on Utah waters, participants shall be familiar on how to stop the spread of Aquatic Nuisance Species. See this link before heading out to any Utah water body: http://wildlife.utah.gov/habitat/ans.
Pugstones Sporting, LLC.